Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update

Ok....Finally I find the time to update! As you may have noticed, I changed the colors and style on my blog. I thought it was a time for a change....this is lighter and Spring like.

In october, we went from 3 animals to 4. We added a cat which we adopted from our vet. Her name is Freckles and she came with quite a past. She came from a home with 31 other cats. Yes, you read right! Her owner anonymously left all the cats at different vet offices with a note that said "I am dying of cancer and do not have time to find homes for my babies". How sad! She left all their health info and they were well taken care of. I read the article in the paper and we decided to go take a look and came home with her. Our other cat did not like her at all. In February, Freckles got out and we have not seen her since. She was never happy here and was always crying. I feel sad but she is such a friendly, loving cat that I think she will be taken in by a lovely family. I pray that God leads her to the house/family that is best for her. We looked for her and did what we could.

In November, Spikee, my other cat, got out. She is strictly an indoor cat with no front claws. I had gotten her before I met my husband so she is special to me. We searched for her. 3 weeks later, she came home. She was dehydrated, very skinny, a fever and an open wound with infection. We went to the vets and after a week, improved greatly. She is now back to normal.

Today, we watched snow fall in Alabama and accumulated about 5 inches. We took Thomas out in it and I got some pictures which I will put on here once I get the photo CD loaded on my computer. I am not a big fan of snow but I wanted to get pictures of Thomas in it. I did get some nice pictures.

Life for me has been busy. We just celebrated our 5th anniversary. Man, where has the time gone? Thomas will be 15 in May and he is about an inch taller than me. I am trying to organize the 3rd bedroom as a craft/office/spare room. Some days I am really motivated and other days I am not. It has been a SLOW process. I think I could get so much more crafting done if my stuff was more organized.

I started going to a Women's Bible Study at a local church. I do not go to the church. My assistant does. I thought I would try the Bible Study and really enjoy it. We finished up one study and are starting a new one now. The new one looks like it is going to be really good. I take Thomas and he stays in the nursery part and seems to like it. I am learning so much. I have asked James to get me a new Bible for my birthday because mine is falling completely apart. Even though I love it and have so much written in it because I have had it for over 20 years, I think it is time for a change. But, I am going to get the same Bible but a leather cover instead of hard cover. I may get it in the next couple weeks even though my birthday is at the end of the month.

For our anniversary, my mom made us a beautiful scrapbooked album which will be an ongoing process as more pictures will be added. I have never done my photo album. I just stuck some pictures in an album just to protect them. I have all the pictures on CD and loaded them on the computer. But, I love the album she made and have been showing it to everyone.

Not much else to report. Hopefully, I will get some pictures on here soon. Thank you for staying with me and this blog.

No comments: