Monday, September 20, 2010

Stamping Retreat

Hello everyone! I got the question "When are you going to update your blog? So, here goes....thanks,N, for asking me.

This weekend I headed to Lincolnton, GA to the The Stamping Studio(www.thestampingstudio.com) for a wonderful retreat. I met some new stamping friends, learned alot and just had a nice, relaxing time. There were about 6 round robin projects that we did plus I took the 5 classes. I made alot of cool things...unfortunately, I have no pictures to share. I had my camera but forgot to take pictures. I learned to make an easy slider card which I will use more often. One class was on card skethches. She gave us about 3 pages of all these different sketches and then we made 4 cards using some of the sketches. That class was one of my favorites. I also enjoyed the calendar class....we made 2 different ones then took the stuff home to make a 3rd one. I see Christmas presents!

Also, because her studio is also her store, we could shop, shop, shop! LOL. I didn't do too bad but I got some neat stamps and embellishment. Want to get more done on the room today so I can start stamping to my heart's content and play with my new stuff!

The food was great. Melissa's husband cooked for us and everything was soooo good. We had fajitas on Saturday night that were so good. I hope we have them again next year.

I met some wonderful new friends and many are on facebook so hopefully we can all keep in touch. It is so nice to go somewhere and have fun, learn alot and make some new friends.

Maybe once Melissa posts pictures, I can put some here.

On another note, Friday I am having surgery on my left hand. I will be out 4 weeks and maybe can blog more often.

No comments: