Sunday, February 20, 2011

In Honor of April Fisher Barber-April 3, 1978-Feb. 19, 2011



This post is to honor a wonderful friend who is now in Heaven dancing with Jesus after her almost 3 year battle with cancer. First, you will read a snippet from her obituary from the paper then a letter about a vision that a prayer warrior had seen about 3 minutes after April passed on. I will close it with my own thoughts.

APRIL JOY FISHER BARRBER:
Mrs. Barber was born April 3, 1978 in Texas. She passed away Feb. 15, 2011 at EAMC. April was a member of New Covenant Fellowship. She was an award winning salesperson, having worked at Verizon Wireless for 13 years. She exuded the love and joy of Christ to everyone and was an inspiration to all who knew her.

As you read the following VISION, remember that April passed on at 3:15pm and it was written by a lady in Texas who did not know the family but was a prayer partner of someone who did.

VISION

"At around 3:18pm on Feb. 15th, 2011, I was driving and praying for April and I had the following vision in the spirit realm. I saw a long road/path and on both sides, all along the road, were high, tall, powerful, mighty angels standing shoulder to shoulder to shoulder. The road was clear and smooth, nothing to stumble over. The angels were all very happy and excited as if their was a Great Celebration. Their happiness, anticipation and excitement reminded me of the huge ticker tape parade and celebration in Times Square at the Victory won in the World War II European Campaign. The angels were looking down the road toward the earth. Then I saw Jesus Christ of Nazareth walking/carrying April Home. She was smiling so wide and deep that pure happiness and joy were flowing abundantly from her spirit. She won her race not missing a step and was greeted with a hero's welcome as she journeyed Home with the Lord. Then I heard a voice say:"She is a Heroine of Faith." I felt deeply and profoundly as if the angels, being shoulder to shoulder, were providing a high, thick wall of protection as April and the Lord ascended the pathway to the 3rd Heaven. Then I saw April dancing before the Lord and singing His praises. I, in the natural, felt happy, peaceful, exhilarated, thankful and privileged to have witnessed such a glorious Homecoming. I know April is now looking down urging and encouraging us to carry on and run our races as we fulfill our destinies."
Peggy Gough

Wow...what a vision! This was read at a memorial service Wed. at her church and at the funeral on Sat. I love it!

Now my thoughts from my heart right now: we lost a wonderful, God fearing woman who was an inspiration to everyone including me. She always had a smile on her face that radiated her love for God and others. I work at Dandyland and when McKayla was almost 2 years old, she started there and was in my classroom. That was when I first met April and saw that she was always smiling, and a great mother. Shortly after that, we were asked to attend church which happened to be Community Fellowship Church. When we walked in, the first people I saw was April, Jason and McKayla. We ended up continuing to go there and became friends with her whole family. As we all went our separate ways years later, we still remained friends. April was always encouraging me and no matter what I was going through, she always had an encouraging word or smile for me. I remember that one of the last times I chatted with her was on Facebook right after her bone cancer diagnoses, she said to me "I am at peace with whatever God has planned." Wow! Could I say that?

Her going HOME has caused me to examine my life. What am I doing to show God's love to others? What will my legacy be when I go? What do I need to do to begin this new journey in my life? Questions that I will be working through.

Please pray for this family. April left behind a loving husband, and 2 young children(10 and 4). Also pray for her parents, Dave and Gail and her sibling, Joanna, Jamin, Josh and Mindy. Plus all the friends and family she was an inspiration to. And, pray for those now battling cancer in any form...they have a long, hard battle in front of them.

No comments: