Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Okay, okay I got the point!!!


LOL....several people have been saying "you need to update your blog"!!! So, I am here to do that. I can't promise I will be a regular poster but I will try.

At the end of April, I had surgery on my hand. They had to cut in 4 places: carpal tunnel, sheath release and 2 lumps removed to be tested. My hand/arm looks like a road map!!!! I was out of work for 3 weeks. I went to the doctor today and the wrist area is still swollen and hurting. I go back in 1 month. If it is not better, there is a possibility that he may have to go back in and do a sheath release in that area, too. I will keep you posted on that. Praying that it heals so we don't have to do that. Oh, and the lumps tested negative for anything.

For Mother's Day, I got a great gift: a new car...well, new to me. A 2008 Ford Focus with 13,000 miles....love it!!!! James also got his Father's Day giftts early: a 357 magnum revolver, a shotgun, a laptop, a gun case and the Ronco knife set with block storage. But, I think my gift ws the best!!! LOL

Thomas received the most wonderful gift at the end of May: a cross-stitched quilt. An organization has volunteers that stitch the cross-stitch squares for these quilts and then quilters finish them. His theme was horses which he loves. The picture should be above. It is a beautiful quilt made with a lot of love.

Wednesday night, James and I came home to an awful sight. My cat was sitting in the middle of the dining room floor and laying beside her was a small, dead mouse. I have never had that happen since living here. It must have gotten in the house either when the back door or front door was opened. Yuck!!! I am surprised she got the mouse....this would be her first one. I knew I had a great bug catcher but now I know I have a good mouser, too.

This weekend I have a 4 day weekend. I took 2 days off to have a mini vacation. I am looking forward to family time and rest.

In October, we are heading to New York for 2 weeks. We are flying. It will be Thomas's first flight and James's 2nd one. I am looking forward to taking them up there and show them around and do the "tourist" stuff.

Well, I am back to finish my blog. I enjoyed my Friday off and have tomorrow off, too. I had so many expectations of what I wanted to get done this weekend but I guess God had other plans and wanted me to rest a little. In the middle of the night(Friday), I ended up getting really sick. I had some kind of stomach bug. Saturday, off and on, I spent in bed sleeping. Today, I am doing much better but hubby is not feeling well. We were going to head to Lake Martin but don't know if we will now.

Right now, I am working on my greeting cards for a swap I am in. I have to do 17 cards. I was all set with my idea but then could not find the stamp I wanted to use so I had to substitute. I think the stamp I chose will work.

After I finish the greeting cards, I need to work on some ATC cards for a swap.

Having one of my favorite dinners tonight: Baked Tilapia, steamed yellow squash with onions and probably some buttered rice. I was thinking of baking the fish with cracker crumbs on it but I don't think I will. I think I will just season it. My favorite fish are tilapia and orange roughy.

Well, I better get this published so you have something to read. When my cards and ATC's are done then I hopefully will remember to get pictures of them and post them.

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments: