Thursday, March 20, 2008

One of my books I am reading

I have been reading a book called "A Shepherd's Look at Psalm 23". This is the 2nd or 3rd time I have read it. Each time I see something different. Basically the author takes each verse and digs in and shows you what is meant by it. As the author states at the beginning, if you are not a sheep herder, you would not understand the references in it. Each night, I read 1 chapter so I thought I would share some insights here. If you are not interested in this part then just skip over it. I will post rubberstamping and stuff, too. Tonight I wills tart with typing out Psalm 23 for you.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall
not want
He makes me lie down in
green pastures;
he leads beside still waters;
he restores my soul.
He leads me in right paths
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the
darkest valley,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely, goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of
the Lord
my whole life long.

No comments: